Mission Statement Making a difference in our community through Christian outreach in a fun and safe environment.

Purpose Statement Our primary purpose is to expand the knowledge of Christ among youth by setting a positive example and providing a safe place for recreation.

Vision Statement To be Washington's premier skatepark and recreational facility by providing each guest with a variety of activities in a friendly, affordable, Christian environment.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Making A Difference - What's with the M.A.D. Skates Name?

I posted this one of my other blogs when I realized it might be good to share with all of the M.A.D. Skates readers where M.A.D. came from. Therefore, I am cross posting here.

A huge theme in my life is making a difference. It was first heard by me in junior high or high school when a speaker at a conference told the story of sending his kids off to school every day. As they left the house, he would holler out the door, “Go MAD!” Everyone wondered what that meant, and the kids were able to talk about how their father had instilled in them the concept of making a difference. Every day as they left the house they were challenged to “Go MAD” to “go make a difference.”

This idea has stuck with me for many years. It's what I fashioned the name of the skate park and recreational center after. It’s how I try to look at both every day of my life and the grand scheme of my life. The question I have to ask myself is “How am I making a difference?”
There is a quote that was mentioned in church last Sunday. It has several variations, because no one has ever found a written copy of the original version. Edmund Burke is credited with the saying, and it goes something like this…

The reason the forces of evil are winning in the world today is because too many good men and women are doing nothing.

So I challenge you, the good men and women of the world, to “Go MAD!” every day of your life. The victory is ours in the Lord. Lay claim to it. Pursue it. Go MAD!

No comments: