James introduced his friends - Paul, Tim & Taylor and then opened in prayer.
He then shared a little about his life.
- He is 27 years old.
- He started chasing God in 2008 when he really gave his life to Christ.
- At 20, he had everything he wanted.
- When he came to Christ, it was like a revelation - an epiphany.
- He grew up hearing God's word in church but he didn't actually have a relationship with God.
- God gave us a choice.
He talked about his "Crazy & Lazy" season.
- He became a Christian and really had a relationship with Christ.
- He felt like he knew something others did not know, but he wasn't sharing that information with anyone.
Then he decided to start showing people God's love and not just talking about it. He gave us a cool picture on canvas that he had done of our logo, and told us how it was a token of his love - an example of showing God's love to others by what we do, say, give, listen, etc.
"It's not always easy following God, but it's rewarding." I thought this was a great quote. He went on to say following God has given him the confidence to come and speak to us.
In Junior High he started asking, "What is my identity?"
James came tonight to express...
You are the light of the world. You are a city on a hill. (Matthew 5:14)
God made you perfect. Exactly the way He wanted you. Like an artist putting every effort into making a work of art, God made you exactly the way you were meant to be.
Philippians 4:4-9 - Do not be anxious about anything. Pray about everything. EVERYTHING! And HE will give you peace. His peace guards your heart.