1. Skate night last Monday (May 11th) had our greatest turn out yet. 1o young people joined us for a night of skating and Bible study. We had one new person this week.
2. We were excited to have our resident teen photographer back. Trevor is a blessing to us all as he spends the entire night taking picture after picture of the skaters pulling off their best tricks for the camera. We're hoping to post some of those pictures soon. :)
3. Enough donations came in to purchase one of the two skate ramps we wanted to get this go round, so I have made those deposits and will order the ramp tomorrow! It should be here by the last Monday of this month - Memorial Day - also free pizza night!
4. Today I heard from one of our moms who is trying to set up a skate night at her church where M.A.D. Skates can continue to make a difference on Wednesday nights in addition to the Monday nights at Bethany Bible.
5. I also heard that there is a new interest in reading the Bible by a couple of our young men, and that makes my heart leap with joy as I know God is on the move in their hearts.
1. Next Monday - Third Monday of the month - We will continue our latest tradition of celebrating the birthdays of our skaters. Bev will check to see if we have anyone whose birthday falls in May.
2. Last Monday of the Month - Memorial Day - Lord willing our new ramp will be here, and we'll be doing free pizza as we always do on the last Monday.
1. A strong man to help set up each week. I'd love to have various gentlemen help with this by signing up for once a month or once every other month. That way the burden will not fall on only one or two guys.
2. More funding so we can buy the other skate ramps we would like to buy as well as extend our outreach to the other churches that would like to have us.
3. Continued spiritual growth in the young people that come to skate night.
4. Guidance for our leadership as we look at expanding the outreach.
5. Safety for our youth, leadership, vehicle, and ramps as well as the parents who have dedicated themselves to driving carloads of youth to skate night each week.