Mission Statement Making a difference in our community through Christian outreach in a fun and safe environment.

Purpose Statement Our primary purpose is to expand the knowledge of Christ among youth by setting a positive example and providing a safe place for recreation.

Vision Statement To be Washington's premier skatepark and recreational facility by providing each guest with a variety of activities in a friendly, affordable, Christian environment.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

OFF TOPIC! - Teddy's Bigger Burgers

I don't usually use my M.A.D. Skates connections as a forum for anything else but M.A.D. Skates and related items, but this was too good a burger to not share with my friends!!! Who knows; maybe this will be the location of our first "dine & donate."

Jason and I just returned from a late-night dinner at Teddy's Bigger Burgers in Woodinville, WA. Fantastic! I have heard this place is packed during the day and into the early evening, but upon arrival at 9:30 this evening, there was only one other couple there. Two more couples and a college aged son came in while we were there, making it peaceful but not lonely.

The original Teddy's Bigger Burgers is in Hawaii, and I hear it has been a popular burger joint there for 10 years. Woodinville is the first mainland location. The customer service was outstanding. The young lady that assisted us actually welcomed us in even though they were closing in 30 minutes, asked if it was our first time, asked if we wanted to hear their "spiel," and offered us "the better deal" when it came to how to place our order. As we were eating, another couple walked in with only 15 minutes left on the clock. Instead of saying something that I hear a lot these days like, "We're only open another 15 minutes, so you better hurry." She actually said, "Hi. Come on in. You've got another 15 minutes" in a happy, cheery, welcoming tone that said, "We're excited you're here with us!"

I was so impressed that I asked to speak to the owners/managers. Co-owner, Wes, was busy with clean up, but our waitress stopped him after our meal. He gladly took a moment to talk to us and stated that he & Diane are pleased with business so far, they appreciate our compliments, and they hope that things continue to go in the upward direction for them. He prides himself on having a clean establishment, good customer service, and he says, "We know our burgers are good, the beef comes from Colorado and we cook them just right." After pointing out that the burgers are good, he showed his heart in saying that it's the little details like customer service and cleanliness that keep people coming back. I enjoyed meeting him. His wife, Diane, as co-owner of the restaurant was busy leading the staff through clean up, so I did not get a chance to talk to her.

The decor is 50's with a touch of Hawaii. They have their own radio station that plays "Oldies" music along with ads for their burgers, extended summer hours, etc. They have a fish tank in the center that you can sit around and eat while watching the fish, several televisions showing surfing shows, and pretty comfortable looking 50's diner booths. We sat at the fish tank, so I can't attest to the seating quality of the booths. I'll have to check that out next time.

The place was clean as a whistle when we walked in, and they hadn't started their night time cleaning yet. It appears it is a constant process in which they are always trying to keep it in tip-top cleanliness. For those who know me this is going to sound a bit odd, but I did not check out the bathrooms while there. Based on the rest of the place, I would guess they were pretty nice, new and clean. I'll have to check it out next time; this time, I think I was too busy devouring my burger to even think about a bathroom.

Burgers are available in 5, 7, and 9 ounce varieties and come with a few standard items like pickles, onions, special sauce, tomatoes, and I believe lettuce. You can add or remove whatever you like from that. They have almost any topping you can think of including teriyaki sauce, peanut butter, pineapple, BBQ sauce, four different cheeses, grilled onions, and more.

I kept it pretty simple - delete onions (pregnancy issue) and add pepperjack cheese. Absolutely delish! Jason got his with all the standard issue items and added american and cheddar cheeses, bacon, and mushrooms. He also ordered a kids soda and a strawberry extra thick milkshake. Our total bill was $21. Not exactly "cheap eats," but not bad for two people for dinner and absolutely, totally worth every penny. I wasn't even out of the parking lot before I was text messaging my college friend in Spokane about the joint.

I don't know when I will be back, but I hope it is soon! You've got to check them out. Teddy's Bigger Burgers - Woodinville, WA.

No comments: