Louie Giglio Video - THE ANCHOR OF HOPE
Part I – Potholes
- When your parents got divorced
- or when a divorced parent remarried and you realize there is no hope of your birth parents getting back together
- or when your best friend dies in a tragic accident
- or when your best friend said he would never leave you, but now he has to move to Chicago and you are left feeling very alone
- For me, one of the biggest pot holes in my life was when I was 15 years old. My older brother, Robb, was in a car accident while I was away at camp. The “when life hurts” part wasn’t so much that he was in a car accident or even that he was given only 5% chance of surviving. The pot hole for me came later… when I realized that despite my faith and my belief that God was going to heal Robb and completely restore him, God wasn’t going to do that. That was my pot hole.
- In this world, you will have trouble.
- I (Jesus Christ) have overcome the world.
- IN ME (In Christ)
- A spiritual viewpoint
5 – Louie talks about two distinct theologies.
- Life is hard; deal with it, because it’s not going to change.
- Because I’m a Christian everything is smooth sailing.
- What is your theology? How do you approach pain and suffering in your life?
6 - Open forum discussion about the film.