Mission Statement Making a difference in our community through Christian outreach in a fun and safe environment.

Purpose Statement Our primary purpose is to expand the knowledge of Christ among youth by setting a positive example and providing a safe place for recreation.

Vision Statement To be Washington's premier skatepark and recreational facility by providing each guest with a variety of activities in a friendly, affordable, Christian environment.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bible Session Notes - July 18th

Louie Giglio Video - THE ANCHOR OF HOPE
Part I – Potholes


 
Bible Drill: John 16:33, I Timothy 6:17, I John 4:4

 
Discussion/Questions following the film...

 
1 – Louie talks about “pot holes” in life. Those moments when life hurts most. How many of you feel like you have experienced a “pot hole?”

 
For some that might look like:
  • When your parents got divorced
  • or when a divorced parent remarried and you realize there is no hope of your birth parents getting back together
  • or when your best friend dies in a tragic accident
  • or when your best friend said he would never leave you, but now he has to move to Chicago and you are left feeling very alone
For each of us, the “pot holes” in life look a little different.
  • For me, one of the biggest pot holes in my life was when I was 15 years old. My older brother, Robb, was in a car accident while I was away at camp. The “when life hurts” part wasn’t so much that he was in a car accident or even that he was given only 5% chance of surviving. The pot hole for me came later… when I realized that despite my faith and my belief that God was going to heal Robb and completely restore him, God wasn’t going to do that. That was my pot hole.
2 – What 2 truths are in John 16:33?

  • In this world, you will have trouble.
  • I (Jesus Christ) have overcome the world.
3 – Louie says that PEACE is when your reality and Christ’ reality come together. John 16:33 tells us where we will have peace. What does it say?

  • IN ME (In Christ)
4 – What is Louie’s definition of theology?

  •  A spiritual viewpoint

5 – Louie talks about two distinct theologies.

  • Life is hard; deal with it, because it’s not going to change.
  • Because I’m a Christian everything is smooth sailing.
  • What is your theology? How do you approach pain and suffering in your life?

6 - Open forum discussion about the film.

 
NEXT WEEK – PART II – When Trouble Comes, where do you turn?

 

No comments: