Reading Your Bible and Hanging Out With Christians
Other than Luke and the staff here, who can tell me what we talked about last week during Bible session?
Other than Luke and the staff here, who can tell my why you don’t know what we talked about last week?
That’s right. Luke was the only one here last week.
How many of you went to church yesterday? What about the week before?
For some of you, this is your only church and for others, you go to church on Sunday, but this is your only church youth group.
If you aren’t coming here and you don’t go to church, where are you learning about God? Where are you getting fed?
Both Jeremy and Micki have recently taught about getting into God’s Word – the Bible – and reading it on a regular basis.
How many times a day do you eat or drink?
How often are you eating and drinking spiritual food and water?
Who has read their Bible since the last time you came to skate night?
What did you read about? Share with the group and discuss.
What does the Bible have to say about reading your Bible and hanging out with other Christians?
- “Let us not give up meeting together” BIBLE DRILL: Hebrews 10:25
- But what?
- Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
- We cannot encourage one another if we are not around one another.
- A couple of weeks ago Raven shared that she and Nick had spent an hour and a half reading Nick’s Action Bible together. Not only were they hanging out with another Christian, but they were reading the Bible together. Now that is pretty cool. That is probably the coolest thing I have heard in 2 1/2 years of skate night.)
- “I have hidden your word in my heart” BIBLE DRILL: Psalm 119:11
- I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
- We cannot hide God’s word in our hearts if we do not read His word.
- “I am the bread of life” BIBLE DRILL: John 6:35
- He who comes to me will never?
- Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty
- Now talk about Wonderbread! I’ll have a few slices of never go hungry and never be thirsty. We can’t have Wonderbread without coming and believing.
This message is not intended to be a guilt trip but to encourage you:
· To spend some time each day having a meal with God.
· Eat some Wonderbread.
o Read God’s Word.
o Pray to Him and LISTEN for His reply.
· Hang out with other Christians so that you can build each other up.