Exodus starting in Chapter 7 vs. 8
- The beginning of the exodus from Egypt.
- Aaron throws his staff down; it becomes a snake. Pharaoh's sorcerers and wise men are able to duplicate that, but then Aaron's snake eats the Pharaoh's snakes.
- Plagues begin: blood, frogs, gnats, flies, death of livestock, boils, hail, locusts, darkness, death of the firstborn which takes Pharaoh's son.
- Why didn't God just tell Pharaoh "You are going to do this!" and then it happens? We may never have an answer to this question, but think about it.
- Some things to remember...
Each plague shows God's immense power. It reminds us that He can do anything!
Persistence and knowing God's plan pays off.
What is your favorite plague?
Do you think God would use this technique again?
What do you think of countries with massive earthquakes and droughts?
Do you think God uses natural disasters to prove he is really God?
What about the plagues in Egypt?