September 22 proved to be an interesting night with our guest speaker, Ben Lunsford, some wicked dodgeball action, and a quiet room of arts & crafts.
Ben spoke about the missions trip he and his wife took to Germany this summer where they worked at and English camp. They are hoping to return to Germany as full time missionaries.
Here are some of the notes I took from his lesson:
- Kids there are the same as kids here. Same problems. Same electronics. So "What's the difference?" About 5100 miles.
- The people there also have to drive 45 miles to get to church because there aren't very many churches there teaching the gospel.
- Why do we want to go to Germany as missionaries? We want to tell people who Jesus is. The great commission in Matthew 28. Go and make disciples.
- Galatians 5 - The fruit of the spirit comes from the Holy Spirit/God.
- God can help you to be more loving and have more peace.
- Just like your parents expect you to grow up, God expects you to grow as well.
- Who do you need to talk to about Jesus? Missions starts right here at home.
Here are a few photos from the night. Sorry they are not more clear.
The craft and music room.
Dodgeball junkies. We pretty much play every night after Bible Session now.
A well executed dodge by Sarah while Reagan heads over to grab the loose ball.
Ben Lunsford speaking. The kids lined up in airplane formation.
What's the difference? About 5100 miles, but missions start here at home.