Mission Statement Making a difference in our community through Christian outreach in a fun and safe environment.

Purpose Statement Our primary purpose is to expand the knowledge of Christ among youth by setting a positive example and providing a safe place for recreation.

Vision Statement To be Washington's premier skatepark and recreational facility by providing each guest with a variety of activities in a friendly, affordable, Christian environment.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Bible Session Notes & Announcements from 1-19-2015

Announcements:
  • Taco Time Fundraiser will start a little later.
  • Seahawks 12th Man Challenge - Bring your community service sheets to me
  • Next week: Jeremy is speaking & Kids Are Cooking
Bible Session:

A Broken Jar

·       Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

·       So, I’ve been reading this little devotional book called God Always Has A Plan B. Besides the fact that I’m really enjoying reading it, I have also found some pretty cool stories in it.  This one is about some jars, and I’d like to share it with you.

o   “Long ago, there were two jars.  Each was carried by a king’s water bearer on opposite ends of a long pole.  One jar was perfectly made, with no cracks or chips.  The other was unglazed earthenware with a long, jagged crack at its base.

o   Daily, the water bearer would walk to a river and fill both containers, then carry them to the king’s palace.  Once inside, the first jar offered its full contents into the king’s cistern.  The other had less to offer since most of its contents had leaked through the crack during the journey.

o   One day, the despondent cracked jar pleaded with the water bearer, “Please, sir, replace me.  I am a failure.  I spill so much that my offering cannot compare to what the perfect jar brings. I’m ashamed!”

o   The water bearer smiled in response.  “Take a look at the hill we climb each day,” he said.  The jar obeyed.  All along the path bloomed beautiful wildflowers.  “I’ve been planting seeds as I walk up this hill,” noted the water bearer.  “And those flowers you see have grown from your water, little jar.  Flowers that please the king and all his people.” 

·       There are several “take aways” from this story.

o   Was the broken little jar useless?

§  No.  And neither are any of us.  We all have a purpose, and we are all made by God.

§  Romans 9:20-21 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, “Why did you make me like this?’ “Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

§  Psalm 139:13-14 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

o   Could the broken little jar be useful on his own?

§  No.  He needed the water bearer to carry him and he needed the water bearer to plant the seeds.

§  Just like the little broken jar, we need others to help us along.  You can look at the water bearer as your friends and family who sometimes have to carry us and sometimes need to plant the seeds.  Like Jonathan and David or Daniel and his three friends, you can have close friends who not only stick by you in hard times, but help you to pursue God’s plan for your life.

§   You can also look at the water bearer as God who says:

·       Joshua 1:5 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life.  As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 

·       Psalm 118:7 The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I look in triumph on my enemies.

·       Hebrews 13:6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.  What can mere mortals do to me?”

·       The Lord is our helper.

o   And finally, do your job well with whatever God has given you to work with.  Because the jar continued to be used by the waterbearer despite his cracks and leaks, he helped to create a beautiful landscape for those all around him.  If you work faithfully, you will one day see the flowers of faithfulness around you.  Not because you were perfect, but because you kept on working.

§  2 Thessalonians 3:13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.

§  Galatians 6:9 Do not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

No comments: