Mission Statement Making a difference in our community through Christian outreach in a fun and safe environment.

Purpose Statement Our primary purpose is to expand the knowledge of Christ among youth by setting a positive example and providing a safe place for recreation.

Vision Statement To be Washington's premier skatepark and recreational facility by providing each guest with a variety of activities in a friendly, affordable, Christian environment.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April 6 - Spring Break Skate Night A Success

As Bev and I scrambled to get the gym set up on Monday night, thoughts of doubt weighed me down. We were short on volunteers, and it is spring break for most of our kids. Two of our regulars were scheduled to be in Wisconsin. I figured at best, we'd end up with 1-2 kids. I was there out of obligation to God and to the kids who might show up. I began to wonder if this is where I am supposed to be - if this is what I'm supposed to be doing. I was tired, and my back hurt. I felt like we were going to put in a lot of hours setting up and tearing down, and we might not have anyone show up.

As I was setting up the ramps, God tapped me on the shoulder... "This isn't about you. This isn't about the kids. This isn't even about the Message. This is about following Me, and doing what I've called you to do." At that point, my mental outlook completely changed, and I went about my work positive that I was where I was supposed to be. Stoked that if we only had one kid, we had a great place for that one kid to hang out for the night.

A few minutes before we finished setting up, Micki made it from her meeting and helped finish putting together a few ramps and put the orange construction netting up. Not long after that, Pastor Ben from Avondale Bible Church arrived and said that he had a couple of guys that might be showing up. In just a few moments, everyone started showing up.

We ended up with 8 kids including 3 new kids. After 2+ hours of safe skating, I was happy to say that this was our best turnout ever. Two of our volunteers ran to Bothell Bike & Ski to buy a couple of loaner helmets, and Bothell Bike & Ski gave us 10% off! Thanks Bothell Bike & Ski!

I look back on last night and say thanks to God my Father who continues to train me up to be the person He wants me to be. Walking by Faith... I look forward to where M.A.D. Skates is going... stay tuned... God's got plans we just have to listen and follow.

No comments: