WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT THE WORD OF GOD?
I often tell you guys to read your Bibles, to get in God’s word, to get to know God through His word. Today I want to look at bunch of Bible verses that talk about the word of God. These are scriptures about the Bible, Christ and God. We’ll do Bible Drill on each verse and look at what it says about “The Word of God.”
Bible Drill Scriptures
1. 2 Samuel 22:31 – God’s word is flawless
2. Proverbs 30
a. Vs 5 – God’s word is flawless
b. Vs 6 – Do not add to God’s words. His word is enough. Don’t change it.
3. Psalm 119
a. Vs 9 – Stay pure by living according to God’s word
b. Vs 11 – Hide God’s word in your heart so you won’t sin
c. Vs 105 – God’s word is a lamp and a light. It is a guide. It makes your path visible. What direction are you heading? Can you see it?
d. Vs 130 – The unfolding of God’s word gives light. It brings clarity where there is confusion.
e. Vs 160 – God’s word is true.
4. John 1
a. Vs 1 – Jesus is the Word in flesh and was with God in the beginning.
b. Vs 14 – The Word became flesh – Christ.
5. 2 Corinthians 2:17 – Don’t sell the word of God for a profit
6. 2 Corinthians 4:2 – Don’t distort the word of God
7. Ephesians 6:17 – The armor of God includes the sword of the spirit – the word of God
8. Colossians 3:16 – Let the word of Christ dwell in you.
9. Hebrews 4:12 – The word of God is living and active, sharper than any double edged sword. It divides soul and spirit and judges thoughts and actions.
10. James 1:22 – Don’t just hear the word. Do what it says!
11. Deuteronomy 11:18 – Fix my words in your hearts and minds
12. Matthew 24:35 – God’s word is eternal.
13. John 15:7 – If you remain in me and my word remains in you, ask and it will be given to you. You have to do the first part first, remain in Christ and have his word in you, and then… you may ask.