Mission Statement Making a difference in our community through Christian outreach in a fun and safe environment.

Purpose Statement Our primary purpose is to expand the knowledge of Christ among youth by setting a positive example and providing a safe place for recreation.

Vision Statement To be Washington's premier skatepark and recreational facility by providing each guest with a variety of activities in a friendly, affordable, Christian environment.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bible Session Notes - 8-6-12


Amazing Love

God is Love

I John 4:10 – This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

One of God’s greatest attributes is His love. 

None of us can love like God loves.  As much as I love my husband and son, it pales in comparison to how much God loves each one of us. 

I would die to save my husband and my son, but I would not sacrifice one of them to save anyone else on this planet.  God did that!  God gave his only son, Jesus Christ, to die for all of us.  Inconceivable love!

God Loves Us

Romans 5:7-8 – Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

Adam and Eve sinned forever breaking the righteous bond between God and mankind.  By our sin nature we are not God’s friend but His enemy.  In order to restore that relationship and rebuild the bond between God and mankind, God did not die… he let his son die.  As a mother I can tell you, I would much rather die on a cross myself than give up my only son to die in any way let alone the cross.

I have heard people say that it wasn’t that hard for God to give Christ up to die for us, because he knew that Christ would rise again.  I will tell you as a parent, I would not want to see my son suffer the way Christ suffered even if I knew he would rise again.  Christ not only died the horrible death of the cross, but he took on all the sin of the world.  That means that in all of eternity he had never been separated from God the Father until that moment.  In that moment, when he took on all of your sins, and my sins, and the sins of the world, he was separated from his Father.  What Father would want to do that to his son whom he loved?  Only a Father who knew it had to be done to save the others he loved… you.

John 3:16 – God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Peace Through Love

The fact that God loves us so immensely should give us peace even when things aren’t looking so great.  God is all-powerful and loves us perfectly without any expectations or exceptions.  He is always looking at the big picture of our life, and what may seem like a bad thing at the moment we are living through it, will usually take us to a better place in our relationship with God and in our maturity as a human being.  We have a greater hope, because God’s love casts out fear,  nothing can separate us from the love of God, and we are his children.

Prayer

God who loves me more than you?  I am so glad I do not have to earn your love, because I’d never be able to do that.  Thank you for loving me the way I am and for giving me hope in the tough times.  Because you love me, I know I can press on.  Most of all, thank you for giving Jesus Christ to die for me, so I could know you and live with you forever. Amen.

No comments: