We have a small Prayer Team currently made up of 4 people. Each week participants of our Skate & Rec Night are given an opportunity to share prayer requests. These prayer requests are then emailed to our Prayer Team who prays throughout the week. If you are interested in joining the prayer team, please email me. Be sure to provide me with the best email to use for this purpose. Thank you.
Each week dinner is provided for the youth. Occasionally one or two of our volunteers will join in and eat dinner as well. MAD Skates & Rec provides the soda pop each week as well as bowls/plates/cups/utensils. Typically, meal providers bring a main course only. Some choose to bring a side dish such as a salad or a fruit like watermelon and some have brought a dessert. Once a month, on the last Monday of each month, MAD Skates & Rec buys pizza in lieu of having someone provide a meal. Currently we are seeing about 10 kids in the summer and 15 in the fall. We hope these numbers continue to rise. While saying that, I know it does get expensive to provide dinner for so many hungry young people, so consider these options...
- Provide part of meal like just a salad, fruit, dessert, or part of a main course
- Send money to help cover the pizza once a month
- Team up with another person and buy tacos, burgers, pizza together
- Team up with another person you know and coordinate a meal
- Get your church involved! See if anyone in your church is interested in providing a meal.
Brett Elizabeth Spore